Skip navigation

Theddlethorpe, Lincolnshire

The village of Theddlethorpe is situated on the coast between Mablethorpe in the south and Saltfleet in the north. Within the village there are two parishes All Saints and St. Helens. In the early 1800's All Saints was known as Theddlethorpe West and St. Helens as Theddlethorpe East.

Theddlethorpe Railway Station

Theddlethorpe Railway Station, Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire

The railway station originally opened on 17th October 1877 and closed 83 years later on the 3rd December 1960. Theddlethorpe station was on the Great Northern Railway Mablethorpe Loop between Mablethorpe and Saltfleetby.

Added to site: 3 August 2009

The South Porch, Theddlethorpe, All Saints Church (1285)

South Porch, Theddlethorpe All Saints Church, Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire

The South Porch, All Saints Church, Theddlethorpe, Lincolnshire.
The church is now in the care of The Churches Conservation Trust and is locally called 'The Cathedral of the Marsh'. The church is mostly of the 14th and 15th centuries, although its Norman origins are apparently evident.

Added to site: 3 September 2009

All Saints Church, Theddlethorpe (1297)

Theddlethorpe All Saints Church, Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire

A view over the graveyard towards the south east corner of the church. From a printed postcard.

Added to site: 15 May 2009

The interior, All Saints Church, Theddlethorpe (1286)

Interior, Theddlethorpe All Saints Church, Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire

The interior looking towards the alter, All Saints Church, Theddlethorpe, Lincolnshire. From a printed postcard.

Added to site: 3 September 2009

The font, All Saints Church, Theddlethorpe (1298)

The font, Theddlethorpe All Saints Church, Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire

The font, All Saints Church, Theddlethorpe, Lincolnshire. From a printed postcard.

Added to site: 12 November 2015

Church Walk, Theddlethorpe (1347)

Church Walk, Theddlethorpe, Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire

A group of children making their way along Church Walk, Theddlethorpe, Lincolnshire. From a used, but unfranked postcard. The stamp is a King George V ½d (halfpenny), therefore it was most likely posted between 1st January 1912, when the stamp was first issued, and 3rd June 1918 when the postcard rate increased to 1d.

Added to site: 12 November 2015

Theddlethorpe Mill (1277)

Theddlethorpe Mill, Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire

A postcard posted to Shipley Glen near Bradford by George who was staying with Mrs Evison, Sea Bank Farm, Theddlethorpe. This is the second of Alfred's postcards that I've read that has reference to it being very windy in Lincolnshire!

Added to site: 6 January 2016

Theddlethorpe Cart and Mill (1278)

Theddlethorpe Mill, Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire

A great rural scenic of Theddlethorpe Mill and a working horse and cart.

Added to site: 6 January 2016

Theddlethorpe St. Helen (1344)

Theddlethorpe St Helen, rural path

A rural path with the church tower rising above the trees. From a postcard posted in 1913.

Added to site: 6 January 2016

Ship Inn, Theddlethorpe (1349)

Theddlethorpe St Helen, The Ship Inn Theddlethorpe St Helen, The Ship Inn

The Ship Inn, sadly no longer an inn, mouse over the image to see how it looks now.

Both images kindly supplied by a resident of Theddlethorpe - Mr David J B Sear.


The Lost Pubs Project featuring another photo taken at about the same time.


Google Street View

Added to site: 26 May 2016

Theddlethorpe King's Head Inn (1276)

Theddlethorpe King's Head Inn

The thatched King's Head Inn.

Added to site: 26 February 2017

Theddlethorpe The Old Hall (1348)

Theddlethorpe The Old Hall

Theddlethorpe The Old Hall.

Added to site: 28 February 2017
Top